Monday, February 27, 2012

Surfers Tour

The sun finally decided to come out yesterday. I slept in, watched part of the Oscars, then went exploring through Surfers. Here's a look at our new neighborhood:

Heading down the Gold Coast Highway into downtown Surfers. When crossing the street, look right, then left.


Tall towers. The Chevron Renaissance Hotel and Apartments.


There's a walkway that connects the two towers with a large tv screen covering it. You can sit in this little square and watch big tv events at night.


The new Hilton Hotel.

One of the main streets, Thomas Drive, and the Clock Tower Hotel.


Orchid Avenue. All the clubs in Surfers along here, so it's bumpin' at night, pretty quiet in the day. Clubs stay open till "late"- four o'clock or whenever people decide to leave.


Cavill Avenue. Buskers are here on the weekends.


The beach.


Not sure what this building is, but construction is still being completed.


The Q1.


Last night we met an older couple at the pool who we chatted with for some time. (The wife lived in Joel's hometown of Kitimat for awhile!). They have been living here for over thirty years now and just love it. They told me to take a day off here and there in my job search and enjoy the beach, so that's exactly what I did today!



I sat in the sun and read my book. It was a perfect day. I even went in the water for a bit! On my walk home I got some good news- one of the salons I applied at wants me to come in for an interview on Thursday! Positive thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment