Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Moving In

We checked out of our hotel first thing yesterday morning and headed over to our new home! We decided to get set up later in the evening, when things are closed, and continue on the job search. I've been feeling pretty discouraged with this, as half the places I've called are either no longer in business or not hiring. Joel finally made up a resume and started looking for postings. We were both getting grumpy and needed a time out for lunch (still no groceries). David, the building super, recommended a place nearby called the Elk. It is a really chill little place with an interesting menu and friendly staff. I think this might be a local hangout for us.
After eating we both were feeling better. I had found two salons that were hiring, so went to drop off resumes. Fingers crossed something comes up! One of the salons was in a nice mall nearby, so we went and picked up a few more things for the apartment, then had a nice super at a little Asian place nearby. We filled our rental car up with gas and prices here are ridic!


Today we went for a great breakfast at the restaurant here in our building, Kesh. I had some fresh fruit which my body was craving badly!


Then off to the bank to pick up our bank cards. We also went to Cole's for groceries. It was a big shop today, as we needed all sorts of food staples. We have the world's tiniest fridge so it was tricky fitting everything in it!
More job searching today. No leads for me, but Joel has two interviews! One at Audi tomorrow and at another shop on Tuesday. Yeah!!! I'm starting to stress about not having a paycheck (and having to pay rent, buy house stuff etc is making a dent in our savings), so I hope he gets one!
Here are some pics of our place. Keep in mind that we cannot hang anything on the wall (unless we patch up the holes when we move out) and that we are on a limited decorating budget! Maybe Jill (www.tiltstaginganddesign.com) can help me?

Our building, the Marrakesh


The pool area



The indoor pool and spa


Front entry


The view from our rooftop terrace- we can see the beach from up here




Our dining area


Our tiny kitchen with even tinier fridge!


Laundry closet- the lint trap is weird on this dryer compared to back home


Entry way


Bathroom


Living room. Yes, it's messy (Joel) . The couch is super ugly so we covered it with the old quilt for a slightly better look...


Bedroom


That's the closet we will be SHARING! Amazingly we fit both our clothes in here. I love Joel for giving me extra hanging space and rolling his t-shirts!


View from our balcony


In other news... I saw and killed my first spider! Not sure what it was. It was small an black and kind of jumped.

2 comments:

  1. Your building and views are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who cares about the inside- look at the pool and view! I would waste money on decor my love. Save your money and go jump out of a plane. Time to get over your fear of heights!
    love ya

    ReplyDelete