Saturday, February 25, 2012

Rain Is Better Than Snow!


It has been raining here almost non-stop since Friday. Heavy rain, cloudy skies, and strong wind. The sun looks like it's trying to come out today. I hear that a big blizzard hit back home, so that makes me feel slightly better.


Yesterday I went in for my trial day at Heaven Salon. It reminded me very much of Eveline Charles, but smaller. After my first hour I knew I didn't want the job. I didn't feel my creativity could be used to it's full potential there and the staff didn't make me feel very welcome. There you are either a stylist or colorist and up to three people can work on one client, which I don't care for. Too much of an assembly line. I like working on a client from start to finish. I would be working every Saturday and Sunday, which wouldn't give me time with Joel or the ability to go exploring on weekends. They wanted me to come back today and Monday for more training. I need a job badly and I feel bad for turning one down, but I know I wouldn't be happy going there everyday. There really aren't any salon jobs open, so I applied for a few more Junior Reception jobs. I think this would be more stable hours. Hopefully something comes up there soon!
Last night I was missing some of the small comforts and friends of back home. I scrapbooked, Joel BBQ'd burgers, and we watched Fubar 2 in bed eating ice cream. It is such a random movie but always makes me laugh so hard. Today is going to be a chill out day. Hoping to do some more scrapping and get some pictures up of what I've been working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment