Sunday, February 5, 2012

One More Day: Raise Your Glass

I can't believe we're already leaving tomorrow! This has been a crazy week of packing, mini panic attacks, surprises, tears and goodbyes. I can't wait to get on that plane tomorrow and know everything is in line and we are on our way! Here's what I was up to my last week...

On Monday the Applauz staff took me out for a goodbye dinner at Nello's south-side. I have such wonderful co-workers! My boss, Jacki, got me a Coach key chain and wallet- my first Coach items ever!- which I was pretty excited about. Russ surprised me with a Pandora bracelet with beautiful charms. I also got some cash for the trip and nice goodbye cards from the other girls. I think I'm pretty lucky to have co-workers that care so much about me!


I spent all day Tuesday with my Mom. She helped me get a start on my packing (basically she packed my first suitcase while I worried about what to bring). Let me tell you, packing your life into two suitcases is no easy feat! Then we went out to do what we do best- shopping! My favourite store, BCBG, was having a big 60% sale, so we didn't do too much damage to our wallets. After we picked up Auntie Faye and went to dinner at Continental Treat. We always go there for Cosmopolitans so we had to go one last time before I leave. (The staff there know us as the "Cosmo Chicks".)

Wednesday after work Merrisa and I headed out to Mrkt for appetizers and drinks. This was supposed to be a monthly ritual, but this is only the second time we've got around to doing it! Now we'll have to do wine dates via skype.

Friday and Saturday were tough days. On Friday I had to say goodbye to some of my favorite clients and then it really hit me that I was leaving. I had my last shift at TM and some of the regular ladies surprised me with a going away gift. It feels good to know I've made so many friends there! I will definitely miss being at TM- I always looked forward to being there. My shifts were always full of laughs and good company from the staff and croppers, and it was my stress free, chill out zone. And I love all the fun product of course!
Saturday was my last day at Applauz. I did ok saying goodbye and packing up, but when I went to say goodbye to Merrisa the tears started and they kept on going when I said goodbye to Jacki. I've been working there for the last six years and it's always been a great place to be, so it was sad to say goodbye. After it was goodbye to my Grandpa and most of Joel's family. It was a long and emotional day and it felt so good to crash in bed after!

Today I went to Jill's Bridal Shower. It was a good shower with some fun games and awesome swag in the gift bags! Jill made me an awesome going away card. I will sure miss KK and
Jill-i-an!


Somebody else I will miss alot? My car! not sure what's happening with it yet, but my Mom really wants it so I'm hoping she can buy it!
Now I'm all packed. Both my suitcases weigh in at 49.6 pounds. I've got a backpack (I swear I'm not a loser, my laptop wouldn't fit in anything else!) full of entertainment for the flight and a little suitcase full of clothes and make-up in case my luggage gets lost (a constant fear of mine). Tomorrow I'm going to relax and enjoy my last few hours with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment