Monday, February 20, 2012

Blah

Today was pretty much a a write off day. It started at 2:20 am when we heard a loud, alarm clock sounding bell ringing. It was the fire alarm. As we struggled to get dressed and out of bed it stopped. I checked in the hallway and our neighbor, who also just moved in, wasn't sure what was going on either. No one else seemed to be up, so we decided to ignore it. I went out on the balcony to check things out and the fire brigade was arriving. Lucky for future reference, they are two blocks away. Our other neighbor went down to check it out and turns out it was a false alarm. A drunk coming home from the bar thought it would be funny to pull the alarm perhaps?
I fell back asleep but was woken two more times- once at 6:45 when Joel got up for work, again at 8:00 when he called me for work visa info.
I spent the morning looking for jobs online. No new hairstyling jobs, but seems there are quite a few receptionist jobs available. French Connection is also hiring part time, might be fun (and good discounts). My Mom gave me a call and it was nice to have a chat.
Once Joel was home we had lunch and ran errands. He was productive- got new work boots. Once again, Melba mislead us on our next destination, Glamaco. This is a beauty supply "wholesaler". I say wholesaler because the public can buy non chemical supplies and products here. The prices are ridiculous! Color and developer are over twice the price they are at home! Glad I brought some of my own. They do have a variety of styling products, which I can get up to 30% off, in case I don't get a salon job and need something.
There are only two scrapbook stores nearby and I wanted to check them out. As per my luck, they are both on google map, but no longer in business.
We came home and Joel was pouty (he is ready to throw Melba out the window and drive over her) so he had a nap. I was feeling grumpy too and my keyboard is giving me grief. I did a work out enjoying our view and it did make me feel better. Also the thought that it is 30 degrees in February! I decided I'm going to enjoy some of my moscato wine and left over pasta on the patio, and maybe some scrapbooking, which I've been itching to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment