Saturday, July 7, 2012

Shopping, Shopping, Never Stopping!


Last night Mom and Dad arrived after their two day road trip from Sydney.  Joel cooked up a delicious dinner and we enjoyed some Yellow Tail wine and Tim Tams.  It was an early night for them as Mom was still feeling pretty jet lagged, but good to see them!  They've both been stocking up on hugs.  Mom also brought a box of KD for Joel- he was missing it!  She had a few Betsey Johnson earrings and a scarf for me from her last NYC trip which I'm excited to wear.

This morning the boys left bright and early for golf at one of Joel's home courses, Robina.  I think it was a tight game, with Joel winning by one point.

Mom and I slept in, then I drove her to a massage with my regular lady.  After that we headed to Pacific Fair to do what we do best- shop!  My Mom loves shopping for me and my sister more then herself, so I got treated to some new things (thanks Mom!).  I got some really cute things from my new favorite store here, Forever New.  I could buy everything in here!  I ended up with two dresses, a belt, and black skinny pants.  Then we went to Myer (Aussie department store like Macy's) and I got a cute winter top and scarf.  We searched for a dress for Mom for my cousin's wedding, but no luck.

Here is my favorite buy of the day!  I actually saw one of the newscasters on The Project with a similar one and I fell in love...  Perfect for Melbourne Cup Day.



This evening we all headed out to Freshly Stacked, our favorite fancy burger restaurant (kind of like Delux Burger Bar at home) for dinner.  It was a cooler night with some wind.  I think I'm going to need to pick up a warmer jacket then the one I have for our trip south next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment