Friday, July 20, 2012

Last Day With the 'Rents


Today was the last day of our holiday and the last day of quality time with my parents for a long time!  We started our day with a trip to the Eureka Tower, which is Australia's second highest building (after the Q1), but has the highest viewing platform in the southern hemisphere (it is at level 88.  Q1 is only 77 but it's needle makes it taller).  I am proud that once again I wasn't to scared to be up this high!  I got a little squeamish on the outer deck, but not as bad as usual.  This building has what's called "The Edge"- an all glass box that slides out of the building for floor to ceiling views.  I definitely wasn't doing this, but daredevil Joel did!




Joel out on The Edge- definitely not brave enough to do this myself!

No fear for this guy!


The Eureka Tower



We took one of Melbourne's old trams on the free city circle loop and Joel and I headed to the one sight in Melbourne he was excited to see- the Aquarium.  We saw tons of under water creatures, including some giant stingrays, and my favorite, penguins!



Almost as cute as a koala!


After lunch we had some time to kill before we had to be at the airport, so we headed to the Docklands to check out Dad's favorite Melbourne icon- Dame Edna!


We got caught in rush hour traffic and had a stop and go drive to the airport.  It was so sad to say goodbye to my parents!  They have one more week in Oz and are going to drive to Sydney via Canberra.  I wish I thought to take off one more day of work so I could carry on with them on the adventure and have a few days with them.  I hope they have a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment