Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday Update

Sunday night Joel and I went to Robina Town Center to see The Hunger Games. The theater there is Event Cinema and is balla! There was a fancy restaurant and lounge (with Hunger Game themed rescue balloons hanging from the roof), a big candy bar staffed by girls in fifties style white and red striped uniforms, plush carpets and clean, modern bathrooms. There is also a Gold Club, for the ultimate movie experience. For $40 a ticket you can sit on fully reclining chairs in a theater with only forty other people and be served any kind of food you like- at extra cost. Needless to say we did not pick this option!



The actual theater itself had carpet WITH NO STICKY MESS!!! The chairs didn't recline but were super plush and there was alot of leg room. The seats are also assigned. We booked online so picked where we wanted, not sure how much choice you have buying a ticket at the theater.


Joel had read the books of The Hunger Games and thought the movie was good, though condensed too much. I had no interest in reading the books and thought the movie was random and bizarre. The movie made me want to read the books even less (I like my fluff). We had some annoying people in front of us who decided to spend half the movie on the phone and taking pictures. Stupid people, why pay for a movie if you're not going to watch it?

Yesterday was my day off and I spent most of it on the phone! My Mom called first, then I skyped with Jill, then Cher phoned. Jill informed me I should stop making new friends, come home, and become her neighbor on Crab Apple Landing. She's now implemented an action plan of harassing Joel home through text. Oh Jill, life would be so dull without you! While I was talking to Cher baby Nathan (my Godson) woke up to talk to me. I miss my cuddles with that little guy! It makes me sad that the next time I see him he'll be much bigger and less willing to snuggle! For Christmas I had given him a Sleep Sheep (it attaches to the crib and plays relaxing sounds) and it made me happy to hear he can't sleep without it. His favorite sound is the waves. I thought that's special because even though I'm far away we both fall asleep to the sound of the ocean!

Today my new flat iron came in. The one I had originally ordered was discontinued so I had to pick a different one. I got it on sale for $100 cost, which is a huge deal here. I was happy to find a bonus brush, comb and clips when I opened the box!


I forgot to post pics of my other new electrical's the other day. Here's my new Parlux Blowdyer. It cost $150 ON SALE!!! That is ridiculously expensive! So far I like it, but it's a little heavier then what I'm used to. It's supposed to be eco-friendly and less noisy. I also got a set of corded Forfex clippers. Normally I like cordless (cord gets in the way) but the selection of cordless here is slim. These ones were on for a really good deal and actually feel quite light for clippers.



I only worked a half day today. This week is very quiet in the salon and as I'm only a casual worker (part-time) I'm the first one to get sent home. I ran a few errands and had to go fix our address at the Queensland Motor Vehicles Department (the idiots got our suite number backwards and they wouldn't let me fix it over the phone). Brutis is being very bad and has decided we shouldn't listen to loud music. Once the volume gets to a certain level the speakers start to crack. Maybe he just doesn't like the constant Nickelback they seem to play?

I thought I would include a map of Australia and the Gold Coast so people can figure out exactly where I am.


The Gold Coast is an hours drive to Brisbane, over eight hours to Sydney, and seventeen to Cairns. It doesn't look like much but most cities are a long days drive away.

Gold Coast City map. It takes fifteen minutes for Joel to get to work, half an hour for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment