Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Homesick

I didn't think it would happen, but the last few days I've been incredibly homesick. It started Monday evening and hasn't gone away. I think talking to so many friends and family back home over Easter started it, as I'd been doing so good with things until then.
I'm really missing my friends. I am so thankful from the texts and emails I'm getting from those special people (and the awesome video my Dad and sister sent me!), but it's not the same as face time. I've been spending alot of time looking at photos of good times on facebook! I even called home before work yesterday morning because I missed my Mom!
I'm missing the comforts and routine of home. I'm more of a creature of habit then I thought! I'm having trouble making myself a new routine. The last two days I've just been tired all the time and can't get motivated todo anything after work. I even tried doing a relaxing stretch video tonight but couldn't relax.
I keep thinking of what I'd be doing if I were still back home. Sleeping in my comfy bed (this bed sucks). Not having to think about what lane to be driving into (I still get mixed up once in awhile). Alberta drivers (ya I know we are supposedly the worst drivers in Canada but at least we are somewhat courteous- the Aussie's are just plain ignorant of other drivers and pedestrians. I think it's a game for them to speed up and scare the pedestrians crossing the street, even at crosswalks). Eating Honey Nut Cheerios (Cheerios here are NOT the same). Going through the Dairy Queen drivethru for Blizzards or Wendy's for Frosties. Having space and order in my nice condo with my scrapbooking table. Unpacking fun new product at Treasured Memories. Smelling the hint of spring in the air and noticing the days getting longer (it's dark before six here now).
I know I shouldn't whine as there are people out there with a lot worse to complain about, but I just can't lift this downer mood. I don't regret coming to Australia, but I thought I'd adjust a little easier. Maybe watching a little Fubar will help???

No comments:

Post a Comment