Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Ah, Easter Sunday, a glorious day on the Gold Coast. The weather hit twenty nine degrees today and we had a beautiful afternoon with no clouds. (Yeah I'm rubbing it in Edmonton, I know about all the snow you got yesterday!) . Easter is my favorite holiday. Why you ask? Four day weekend, no holiday stress like at Christmas, the hint of spring (though this year it's still really summer) and the BEST chocolate (mini eggs and creme eggs anyone?). The first half of the day was spent calling various friends and family with Easter greetings, then golf for Joel and reading/napping in the sun for me. When he got home we hit up the beach. It was so warm in the water! There were some good waves too and it felt good to play around in them. I love the sound they make as they crash in and the way they foam all around you. It seriously makes me happy to have this right at my doorstep.


For Easter dinner tonight we had a Mexican Fiesta (why not) complete with Sol beer.


No chocolate from the bunny for us! Why you ask? Because the stores are all sold out (except for the cheap stuff no one wants to eat). Normally we do our groceries Sunday, but you guessed it, everything was closed again today for Easter. This is crazy to me, nothing closes at home on Easter! We went last night to do our groceries instead but Coles had been raided! The stores are closed for one day and people stock up on food like it's Y2K. There was no bread left and only really crappy meat.

I hope everyone has a great Easter and eats LOTS of chocolate for me!!! (And since no one seems to like Cadbury Creme eggs send any you get to me!) Maybe tomorrow I'll be lucky enough to find some random pieces left on sale somewhere???

No comments:

Post a Comment