Monday, December 3, 2012

Lately...


Finally got some energy and motivation back today!  Here's a recap of what I've been up to in the last few weeks:

The weather's been up and down- one day cloudy and rainy, the next sunny and warm. It is SO humid and I hate it!  So much for good hair days...

A giant Christmas tree came up in Martin Place.  It's artificial and it took a few days for the crew to put it together.  There are trees all over the city now and this one is the"whopper" of them all. according to the Sydney Christmas Events website.  There are banners and lights up around the square as well which look pretty nice.  This will have to be my replacement for the Leg lights.  I walk past everyday on my way to and from the train station and work.



 

 

Went out for my co-worker, Shannon's, birthday.  Started out at the German Bierehaus next to work (and had pretzels!), then headed out to Palmer and Co, a 1920s themed lounge.  Plenty of wine, crazy made up stories, and retro dancing.  Highlight of the night- walking down George Street at the end of the evening with Rowan and Shannon rapping "Without Me" (Eminem) and "Fire Wire" (this is a Scottish trance song.  Was a big hit with my Highland dance group in 2001 when we traveled to Scotland.  Rowan is Scottish and was impressed I knew it.)  Apparently we made some random friends on the walk as well.



Spent an afternoon at Christina's house with Elaine (another co-worker) foiling Christina's hair, drinking wine and enjoying cheese and crackers.  My afternoon moved into evening and I stayed over till nine thirty chatting with Christina.  Once I was home I needed some comfort food and made up some birthday KD.  I ate the whole box to myself accompanied by chocolate milk while I wrote out my Christmas cards.


Did some early Christmas baking with Christina.  We turned on the AC and played some holiday tunes to make it seem like we were back home.  We made banana chocolate chip muffins and espresso brownies.  My half was gone the next day.

December first was the first day of summer.  Had a massage, then headed to Bronte Beach with Joel and his golf buddy Phil.  It was forty degrees and ridiculously hot, so the cool ocean water felt good.  It was so hot and humid at night we could barely sleep.  There is only AC downstairs.  We went to pick up an extra fan but due to the heat they were sold out!

Had a family skype!  We figured out how to (sort of) do a three way skype.   Mom and Dewey were in Kelowna visiting Omi and Opi, so I had the four of them plus Dad in Edmonton.


Went shopping for Xmas decorations with Christina and Josh.  Found the best statue ever downtown of a thug life child.  Not sure why it's there but it's awesome.


Finally got Joel to get his act together with our visa applications.  Waiting to hear back if we're approved for Australian Medicare (a requirement) and to pay the Canadian Consulate a visit to get Criminal Record Checks (another requirement).

No comments:

Post a Comment