Monday, December 3, 2012

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree


Starting to get into the Christmas spirit!  As much as I've always wanted a beach Christmas, having it in the summer is not the same.  I never thought I'd say this but it doesn't seem as magical without the snow!

Last night I put up my own little Christmas tree.  I turned on my Christmas playlist on itunes to rock around the tree (a must for decorating!) and got busy.   It's a little ghetto looking, but a tree nonetheless!  It cost me less then fifteen dollars to put together.  I got my ornaments, tinsel and beads from Ikea (they have some really good stuff this year), cheapie lights from the Reject Store (closest Oz gets to the Dollar Store), and a 90 cm tree from K-mart (for five dollars!).  I reused my Melbourne Cup fastenator for the topper.  Not sure if I like it, but I needed to get it out of the way so stuck it on the top.





Joel was not invited to help.  I always try to make decorating a fun thing for us todo together, but he usually ends up pouting about something so I decided I'd get more in the holiday spirit doing it on my own.  He really is a Grinch when it comes to Christmas. 

Since we're away from our family and the usual festivities I'm going to do all I can to make this Christmas as much like home as possible so I don't end up feeling sad.   I'm planning a "23rd" style dinner with Christina and Josh with authentic Shieron food and downloaded a few Christmas movies (I'll be watching the classics- Home Alone 1 and 2, The Christmas Story, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and Fubar 2.  The latter's not technically an xmas movie but it takes place over xmas so it counts).  And we got our first card in the mail! (Hope there's more coming...)

Thought I'd share my favorite Christmas tunes for you to rock around your Christmas tree to:

Jingle Bell Rock- Bobby Helms
Merry Christmas Baby- Hanson (ya, their xmas music rocks!)
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree- Brenda Lee
Santa Claus Is Back In Town- Elvis
Blue Christmas- Elvis
I'll Be Home for Christmas- Elvis
Ok, pretty much anything by Elvis...
It Snowed- Meaghan Smith
Christmas Reggae- Bob Marley and the Wailers
Christmas Time Is Here Again- Ringo Starr
White Christmas- Bing Crosby
Christmas Is All Around Us- Love Actually Soundtrack
Run, Run, Rudolph- Chuck Berry
Another Christmas Without Snow- Lola Dutronic
Calling to Say- Serena Ryder
Christmas All Over Again- Tom Petty
Hoser's 12 Days of Christmas
What's This?- Nightmare Before Christmas Soundtrack
Santa Baby- Eartha Kit

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for including us in your Holiday play list! :-)

    best wishes

    Richard Citroen
    LOLA DUTRONIC

    ReplyDelete