Sunday, December 9, 2012

Kirribilli Walk


On Saturday evening I went over to Christina and Josh's for appetizer night.  Joel was supposed to come but went with his Kiwi golf bros to a cricket match last minute instead.  We had a much out fest on crackers with cranberry orange cheese, stuffed mushrooms (which I made all on my own!) and bruschetta.  Christina colored my hair for me (as we're not allowed to do it at work in Nov or Dec because it's so busy) and we had a food coma'd night.

Sunday morning I was up and out of the house before twelve o'clock, a weekend record for me here!  I had to head into the city to pick up my work Secret Santa gift and I ended up running into Christina and Josh!  Small world.  Josh was on his lunch break and she was bringing him his lunch.  The two of us snooped around the city, then took the train across the bridge into Kirribilli.  The Sunday Market happened to be today so we snooped around the stalls and I picked up a few gifts.

Chris wasn't feeling so good and headed up but I decided to go for a walk around the neighborhood.  It's been on my list of things to do and I thought I'd finally do it, especially now that time here is limited.  Kirribilli is one of Sydney's oldest and most affluent neighborhoods.  It sits right across the harbor from the Opera House.  There are tons of beautiful old terrace homes and mansions.  I love old homes, so this was the perfect way to spend my afternoon.  (So does my Mom so here are a few pictures for you!  you'd love this area.)  I would love to live in this area, but I'm sure real estate here goes for a pretty penny.

Terrace style house


Kirribilli House, where the PM stays whilst in Sydney

View of the city



I love the neighborhoods north of the bridge.  Everytime I cross over on the train I feel so calm and relaxed.  Christina lives across the bridge in Wollstonecraft, so I'm over here often.

No comments:

Post a Comment