Monday, December 24, 2012

The 23rd


In my family the twenty-third of December is the highlight of Christmas.  All the cousins, aunts and uncles who we don't see on Christmas Day get together at Mom and Dad's for a night of good food, baked goods, caroling (featuring the kids on the stairs), and presents (and youtube viewing in recent years).  We've been doing it since like 1997 and every year someone new gets added into the mix.  This was the first year I've missed it.  I wanted to do my own version so we got together with Christina and Josh and cooked up a good feast, North American style.  Christina and I did all the cooking (and Joel did the meat as neither of us wanted to touch raw chicken).  Be proud people- I made TWO dishes that were very edible!  My Mom's traditional 23rd meal, broccoli mushroom casserole, and marshmallow salad.  Christina made some awesome mashed potatoes and stuffing and Joel did up two Christmas chickens and a festive punch.  We gathered make shift decorations from around the house and I used my mad staging skills (props to Jill) to create a festive table display.  Josh worked all day so we gave him candle lighting honors when he got home.

 


 

Another awesome night- I love hanging out with these two!  We didn't sing, but we did listen to Christmas tunes and bust out the youtube (Talking to Americans anyone?).

No comments:

Post a Comment