Monday, December 24, 2012

Detail Christmas Party


After my touring I went home and had a nap, then it was off to work to get ready for our Christmas party!  Most of the girls work till six on Saturday, so I went to work to get ready with everyone.  Everyone helps do each others hair and make-up, we turn up the music, dance, and drink the salon's beer and wine (which is meant for the clients).

There are quite a few stations.  No one has their own, we just rotate between whichever is available.
Full House moment   


Here are a few pictures of the salon.  It's split level, with the salon on top, reception and spa below.

Fully reclining chairs with footrests
Reception area from above
 Once we were all glamed up we managed to hail a few cabs and head over to dinner which was at Hugo's in the Cross.

Koren, Christina and I 
Considering it was Kings Cross, Hugo's was pretty fancy.  We were greeted by our boss, Andy, who told us to go to the bar and order whatever we liked.  Cue the $18 cocktails for me and Petron XO for Christina.  (Our bosses apparently like us to drink, as our bar tab at the end of the night was well over $2000!)  Hugo's is a fancy pizza place, so we had a few different pizzas as well as different appetizers (mostly stuff I couldn't eat- oysters and calamari etc).

Elaine (Ireland), Rowan (Scotland) and I
Alisha, Elaine and I
Sydney BFF
Laura and I
It was a nice party, but not as festive as the Applauz parties (no Kevin to cue holiday themed games).  We ate and drank, then the girls convinced me to show off some Highland moves.  I taught Rowan the fling and she thought it was so crazy that she didn't even know her own countries dance and was learning it from a Canadian in Australia.  We stayed till 11:45 then went upstairs to the lounge part.  I didn't stay too much later (just long enough to photobomb some unsuspecting Aussies) then headed back to the city with Christina.  We had to do a mad dash for the train and had a Barbie moment running down George Street in our heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment