Sunday, December 9, 2012

Night Out With the Girls


Friday was one of those ho hum days at work.  Ten minutes before close Rowan said she could go for drinks, who was in?  Laura, Elaine and I decided to join.  I definitely needed a night out as I;ve been so stressed about recent visa issues and thought a girls night would be just what I needed.  We decided it was just one of those days you needed a drink, then realized we could find an excuse to drink ANY day, as our group is a bunch of wine-o's!  Anyway, headed down to Quay Bar at Circular Quay.  Part of the bar is inside, in the old Customs House building, but a nice patio is set up out front.  We grabbed a bottle of Sauv Blanc and finagled a table outside.

 

 As usual, we always say we'll just stay for "one drink".  Again, never happens.  We ordered bottle two and decided to get some appetizers.  Rowan's hubby and some workmates showed up so we joined them and got bottle three.  This is where things got crazy...

Me, Elaine, Laura and Rowan
None of us remember ordering any more wine, yet there always seemed to be a full bottle and a glass or two in each hand.  I tend to be a bit of a clepto when I drink, so on a trip to the bathroom with Rowan I picked up four sets of cutlery (as a housewarming gift for Rowan, who moves next weekend).  Later on we got to talking about Scotland (as Rowan and her hubby are both Scottish) and highland dancing and I ended up busting out some dance moves for the entertainment of the bar.  Then followed by all us girls rapping again (Without Me once again a favorite).  And it wouldn't be a good night out if we made some random friends!  We somehow befriended a group of guys and dared one of them to run around the bar in his budgie smugglers (speedo style undies), which he did!  Gotta love nights out with my awesome workmates.




On the way home I decided I needed some Lucky Charms (they sell them at a 24 hour convenience store at Circular Quay).  They were out, so I grabbed a Crunchie Bar instead.  I didn't have enough money to pay but the guy let me take it anyway.  (Must have sensed a drunken girl needs her chocolate?)  Then home on the train.  Man, I have some good drunken memories on Sydney trains...

No comments:

Post a Comment