Thursday, November 22, 2012

Aussie Rant and Rave


I don't know what's up, but this week I have been SO tired all the time and can barely drag myself out of bed in the mornings.  When I'm tired I get grumpy.  I've been feeling pretty unmotivated and not feeling so inspired to go to work.  Today I reached my boiling point when yet another Aussie made a dumb Canada comment.  Some of these people are so clueless!  Also had enough of my Aussie co-workers making Canada jokes.  It was funny the first week.  I've been there over two months now, it's not funny anymore.  Here are some examples:

No, I'm not a professional skier.  Do you think if I was I would move to a country that has crap hills?
Do I look like I play hockey or chop wood?  Not really.
Ya, I'm really afraid that when I live in a large city I might find a bear in my yard.
Toronto is not our only city.
Australian humor is NOT the same as Canadian humor.
No I don't speak French as a first language, but if I did I would tell you you're an a-hole.
Is life in Oz the stereotype you see on postcards?  Not usually.  Which means Canada probably isn't either.
Most of us don't say "Eh".

I'm home in less then two months.  This week I wish I'd be staying home for good and getting out of Oz.  Missing everyone, the comforts of home, and not getting made fun of for being Canadian.  I'm so up and down with how I feel about this country.  If Joel hated it here we'd be out of here much sooner, but he loves it so it makes deciding what to do that much harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment