Monday, December 24, 2012

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas


Christmas Eve Day is here!  I woke up feeling very festive and excited.  (Too bad I had to work from 9-7...).  I left the house at 8:15 and it was already like 30 degrees and 100% humidity (hence the wavy bangs).  Ridiculously hot.  Anyway, thought I should grab a Christmas picture with a palm tree this morning.  (No, I didn't get to decorate one)  Turned the ipod to my Christmas mix and rocked all the way to work.  It was pretty quite in the city as most people are now on holidays.


Since Edmonton is eighteen hours behind I was able to skype into my family's 23rd celebrations back home on my lunch break!  Not a great connection today, but good to see everyone.  Dewey said it's not the same without me and I should come home now.  Soon Dewey, soon.  Everyone bragged about how good the broccoli mushroom casserole was (it's a favorite) and wasn't I jealous I missed it and I pulled out my leftovers and said haha I have my own!  Anyway, I got to chat for a bit with each guest and was offered prosecco (another recent addition to the 23rd) by my Mom.  I wish.  Before my lunch ended they all sang me "We Wish You a Merry Christmas".  So cute.

I had a good day and Andy told me again how proud he was of me- I surpassed my quotas big time last week.  Awesome!  Then I promptly felt bad because I'm going to have to tell him I'm leaving pretty soon...

In the late afternoon I got another panic attack.  I've been getting them again the last few days out of the blue.  I think it's because deep down I'm stressed about what's next.  I'm leaving a good paying job here and going home to who knows what city or job back in Canada.  I know that is totally the right choice, but my poor brain just likes to stress and over-think things.

We were supposed to go out to another co-workers for drinks tonight but we just didn't feel up to it.  Joel picked up a bunch of groceries and made up some cold meals for our Christmas feast at Koren's tomorrow.  We ate chocolate mousse from Coles, the closet we could get to a DQ ice cream cake in Oz.  It was so humid and muggy all day and the sky finally burst and we had torrential downpour for like an hour.  I'm praying it's sunny for our long awaited trip to the Blue Mountains (which is near Koren's) and pool party tomorrow.  The Weather Channel says otherwise.


No comments:

Post a Comment