Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday Blues


Tuesday has got to be my least favorite day of the week.  Always has been for whatever reason.

I was in a funk all day.  I had a difficult first client that put me in a downer mood and I just couldn't seem to get out of it.  One of those days I just wanted to go home and cuddle up in bed.

It rained tonight and unfortunately I got stuck in a big downpour walking home from the train station.  The water went through my supposedly water-repellent jacket.  Lovely.

Joel felt the same way and also had a yuck day.  We both were just feeling all over the place and not sure what to do next in life.  This trip was supposed to be about figuring "stuff" out, so hope we get some answers soon!  We decided this day called for some Cold Rock ice cream.  It wasn't the comfort DQ Smartie Blizzard I was craving, but it did help a bit.  Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully a better one.

On the bright side, we are off to New Zealand next month.  Dean and Alana wanted to head over to snowboard, so we are going for a long weekend.  Joel and I don't think there will be enough snow for them to snowboard, but they can find that out for themselves.  We're headed to Queenstown, which is on the south island.  We'll also be spending a weekend up in the Hunter Valley (two hours from Sydney) for some winery touring- yes!  I got an extra day off work while they are here, which also happens to be my godson's first birthday, so I can skype into the party.  Should be a good next few weeks!  Dean and Alana arrive a week Friday.

2 comments:

  1. QUEENSTOWN IS SO MUCH FUN. jUST LIKE BANFF. YOU MUST EAT A FURGBURGER. promise you will. Have the chicken one with the sweet chilli sauce for me. EAT THE FURGBURGER. that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun!!

    Also, I love Jill's comment with all the capitals in the scripty font! HA! "Eat the furgburger!"

    ReplyDelete