Saturday, September 22, 2012

Kareoke


Yesterday was Detail's sixth birthday, so the staff got treated to a night out on the town at a kareoke bar!  Was not that excited about it, but ended up being a fun night.

I went into work to get my hair done (on a Saturday!  A novelty!) and a couple other girls were getting theirs done too.  It was like a big party, and after the clients were gone we brought out booze and got ourselves glamed up.  We went to a Japanese kareoke bar on George Street where we had our own private room.  Kareoke here is way more fancy then at home, where it's usually in a crap pub.  The night was paid for by the bosses, so many, many drinks were had.  Also an unlimited seeming amount of appetizers.  I did get up a few times to sing, but no solos.  By the end of the night everyone was singing together and were pretty smashed.



Cosmos, of course!
I ordered like a million gyoza, which I enjoyed with my new American friend Christina.


Joel picked me up later and I made him take me to McDonalds for ice cream to celebrate Dewey's birthday. 

Today I'm catching up on some house cleaning and more organizing.  Think I finally found a solution to our lack of closet space.  

This week I've been feeling tired and homesick.  Still not used to my long work weeks and it's taking a toll on my mind and body.  Went for a massage yesterday so I hope that will help.  I'm slowly starting to get back into a regular work out routine too.  I need to do my best to enjoy each day as it comes and remember home will always be there.  Even though my friends and family are far away they're only a text away and I love that they're always there when I need them!  We have four and a bit months left on this visa so I need to get over myself and make the most of my time here.

2 comments:

  1. GYOZA'S ARE MY FAV. Glad you had fun lovie! Did you kareeokee gangman stye?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks way more fun than any karaoke I've ever done in town here!

    ReplyDelete