Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hard Day's Night


Why does it feel like a Friday but it's only Thursday???

I had a long day today- 9:30 am-8:30 pm- and couldn't wait to get home.  My body (and brain) is not used to working so much!  The morning was slow, but after lunch was busy so the latter half of the day went quickly.  I have mastered the new style of consultation, but now need to become a product selling ninja.  This has never been my strong suit so I have to work extra hard.  I've been doing well so far- already sold $300 this week (what I would normally sell in a month at home) but still have a few barriers to overcome.  I had a few moments this week where I felt frustrated with everything and wanted to give up, but I need to remember that to become better takes work.  I need to learn to relax, break out of my old routine, follow the new steps I've been given, and let myself grow.  I can do it.

Yesterday Joel switched dealerships.  After a week he just didn't feel comfortable at work and was coming home upset every night.  He's now at Audi Five Dock.  There are about fifteen guys working there and it's still a reasonable drive from home.  I hope he gets a better vibe here.  So far he hasn't been enjoying Sydney at all and has talked about coming home earlier a few times.  I think it's too big of a city for him.

We are getting ready for some visitors soon.  Joel's BFF Dean and his girlfriend Alana will be here in two weeks time.  We are trying to figure out a rough itinerary and know what days to take off work, but typical Dean has nothing planned yet.  We keep hearing different stories of what they want to see and do- sounds like they think Oz is smaller then it actually is!  Joel and I are really looking forward to their visit, but me being OCD I would like to have some cement dates!

Want to give a shout out to my cousin Larissa and her new fiancee John- they just got engaged and I'm really excited!  Hope I'll catch that wedding.  I have a feeling there will be a decent amount of weddings coming up next year, yeah!  I love weddings.     

No comments:

Post a Comment