Saturday, September 8, 2012

Our New Place!


On Wednesday night we moved out of our yucky sharehouse and into our new place!  It is very bright and modern and VERY clean (so important!).  We're renting a room (with it's own private bathroom and balcony) in a duplex we found online on airbnb.com.  It belongs to a German guy named Florian, who also lives here.  He is a super cool guy and we all get along really well.  The unit is located in Alexandria, which is not far from the CBD and is pretty close to work for both Joel and I (just a quick walk to the train station and a short train ride for me- no more sharing the car).  It comes with a fully equipped kitchen (with a dishwasher, my savior!), laundry, and plenty of street parking.  Our room has lots of windows and we get tons of sunlight through the day, which I'm loving as we barely got any at the Marrakesh.

Front entry

Our bedroom and balcony

Walk-through closet and bathroom

Kitchen

Downstairs balcony

Living area

The only downfall is the closet is not that big.  I had to get really creative with space when I unpacked everything yesterday!  All the heavier, "winter" items are packed away in my suitcase and I had to store alot of things under the bed in boxes, but I did it.  I totally over packed and didn't realize how much clothing I had brought with me!  What else is new?  The bathroom is smaller as well, but the fact that we don't have to share one is awesome.  I think we did pretty well with this find.  Sydney is very expensive to live in, even for a dumpy place.

1 comment: