Saturday, September 8, 2012

Detail for Men


Tuesday was my first day of work at Detail.  I spent alot of the day in training, getting to know my way around the salon, figuring out the computer and booking system, learning about new products, and trying to remember everyone's faces!  There are around twenty staff, made up of stylists, apprentices, spa staff, and reception (from all around the world).  Amazingly enough this group of all women gel really well together.  Everyone was super friendly and helpful.  I feel like I fit in well and am really comfortable working here.  I had a great first day and even got a few clients of my own. 

The rest of the week was busy and the days went by quickly.  I had a decent amount of clients and even sold some product and got some clients to rebook!  But by Friday I was ready for a day off.  I was feeling a bit frazzled as I had taken in so much new information over the week.  The hardest part for me is getting used to their way of consulting with clients.  They have a specific set of questions to ask and different ways of asking depending on the personality of the client (ie more to the point for the rushed business man, more facts for the analyzer etc.).   It totally makes sense and helps figure out exactly what a client wants, I just need to get more confident in it and break out of the way I'm used to.  There are also so many new products for me to learn as well, so I feel a little in the dark as I don't know the info on everything yet.  I think by the end of the month I'll have worked out the kinks and be feeling more confident with things.

By the end of Friday my poor legs were aching.  I'm not used to working such long days!  Have to get my body back into full time routine again.  My hours will be Monday to Friday 9:30-7, and a longer day Thursday of 9:30-8:30 (late night shopping day so everything's open longer) for a total of forty four hours a week.  I get a guaranteed lunch break, which is nice.  It sounds like everyone in Sydney works longer and harder then on the Gold Coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment