Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Blue Mountains


On Saturday after I found out about my new found vacation, Joel finally took me out to the Blue Mountains!!!  It was a perfect day, sunny and warm.  The Blue Mountains are about an hour and a half away.  Would be an easy drive, but Brutis decided we'd enjoy not having any AC, so we had to drive with the windows down.  By the time we got to the lookout point at Katoomba we were both hot and thirsty. 

But I finally got to see the mountains and The Three Sisters!  Compared to what we're used to back in Alberta, these were more like big hills then anything.  And the Three Sister rock formation was smaller then I had imagined.  But looking at the pictures now it is still pretty amazing.  We didn't stay long because it was SOOO hot, like forty degrees.  There was a glass bottomed cable car that goes across the valley but I'm chicken of heights and didn't want to do it.  Joel was not in a touring mood either.  Honest to God, this is our last sight seeing trip together.  From now on we just do the all-inclusive thing and if I want to sight-see I'm going with someone else.  We walked around to see the views and I got my pictures.  Note Joel is not in any.  He didn't want any pictures of his face.  But then he pouted the whole way home because he wasn't in any. 






We hit up the gas station for water and Popsicles and headed back to Sydney.  Here is proof that Joel did accompany me on this trip.


ANZAC Bridge


When we arrived back in the city Joel was in a better mood and decided we should go to Bondi to cool off.  We drove over, got some Cold Rock, and sat along the beach wall watching the water and the people.

It has finally hit me that I have TWO WEEKS OFF in one of the greatest cities it the world!!!  I woke up today and realized I have no schedule or set wake-up time and I can do whatever I want.  So I've  started to make a list of more things to see and do.  I would love to travel to a few other places (I really would like to see Tasmania and more of New Zealand) but unfortunately those flights are not in our budget (we need some money when we get home to get started again).  I'm planning on doing a day trip out to Canberra, a trip to Sydney's Northern beaches, a surf lesson, and just plenty of beach time.  Here's the fabulous forecast for the next few days:


Today it's off to my favorite beach, Bronte, with Joel, Christina and Josh, woo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. It's funny to think of mountains where the tree line is at the top of the mountain! That's no mountain!!

    You look so cute! Shorts...sigh, must be nice. I've got my boots and all my sweaters & warm socks on today!

    BOYS?!?!?! What's wrong with a little sight-seeing! Russel is actually kind of useless at an all-inclusive, because he hates just sitting around! HA! Although it seems to me he did start appreciating it on the LAST DAY of our Mexico vacation...silly boys! (wink)

    ReplyDelete