Sunday, January 13, 2013

Garage Sale and Farewell Party


I spent the whole of Friday prepping for our big garage sale!  I organized and labeled everything and got it all nicely laid out.  Amazing what we've all collected in a year!  I put up signs around the neighborhood and had a few banners made (and balloons bought to put up in the am).


We had our sale on Saturday and we actually did pretty good- we made $300.  Didn't get rid of everything, but I'd say about 85% of our stuff sold.  It ran from 8-5 and we had people waiting outside the door before eight.  Aussie's apparently love a good garage sale.  Steady traffic and lots of purchases till one, then hardly anyone.  We were getting so bored waiting.  Around 4:30 we took down our signs and we had three more stragglers who picked up most of the leftovers.  Success!

Saturday night was my staff goodbye party.  I met with the girls after work at my favorite bar, Opera Bar, which sits on the lower concourse of the Opera House and overlooks the harbour and the bridge.  I was so glad most of the girls could make it out.  It's an awesome staff and the girls all had such wonderful things to say about me and I feel like I am genuinely missed.  We had a night of wine, laughter, and amazing views, then saw some fireworks go off behind the bridge once it was dark.  The perfect send-off.

From L-R: Koren, Shannon, me, Christina, Nadia, Murianne, Alicia, Eithne, Laura and Elaine

That was our kick ass view for the night!

Eithne and I
Laura and I.  She says she misses her "bubble of happiness" at work already, aw!
Murianne and I
Elaine and I

Nadia, Alicia, Shannon and I.  We were teaching Nadia how to photobomb.
Koren and I
I'm so glad I got to meet and get to know all these girls and hope to keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment