Sunday, August 12, 2012

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting...


We're on the home stretch for our move!  This week is my last week of work and I hope I'll actually be working.  I gave in my notice last Monday and my boss took it well.  She said she understands that we want to travel and explore a new city.  However it's been slow and I've had my hours cut.  I think she's cutting mine over the others as she doesn't want to send clients to me if I'm leaving.  I'm worried that I'm going to get smaller checks then I budgeted and I'll be eating alot of toast and jam until I have a new job in Sydney...  our tax return can't come in soon enough!

I reconnected via facebook with a friend from high school yesterday and found out she is now living in Oz too!  What are the odds?  She's up in Yeppoon, which is about ten hours north of us, so too far for a visit.  But nice to have another Canadian to talk and relate to.

I have an "Olympic sized hole" in my heart now that the games are over.  I usually don't watch any sports, but when the Olympics are on I'm glued to the TV and the official website to check on the latest medal tally.  Even though Canada was not a top medal scorer, watching them compete and do well makes me feel proud to be Canadian and I was cheering our team on whenever I could.  I finally watched a replay of the Men's 4x100 Relay today and though I was proud for the Jamaican's and their world record (Jamaica will always have a special place in my heart as that's where we were married) it broke my heart to see the Canadians striped of their bronze for a toe being on the line.  Australia is happy that they finally won a few gold medals, but still complaining as this was the lowest medal tally they've had since 1992.  London did an awesome job hosting and I'm currently watching the replay of the closing ceremonies which is pretty amazing.  I have an early morning tomorrow but I'll be staying up as late as necessary to watch the Spice Girls!  (Yes I am a die hard- I saw them live in Vancouver at their reunion tour- best concert ever!)

No comments:

Post a Comment