Saturday, August 4, 2012

Motivation, Please


Wow, this week I have been seriously lazy and unmotivated to get much done.  I hate feeling so blah like this.  Joel says it's because I'm bad and am not taking my vitamins!  Last night was especially yuck and I ended up plunking myself in front of the Olympics for most of the night.  So far today is better as I've already crossed off some things on my to do list that I've been putting off!

I'm starting to get anxious for the next part of our trip.  I wish the next two weeks were over and we were getting ready to leave!  I hate the time when you are close to something, but not close enough to get ready yet.  I'm already itching to start packing up stuff, but it is too early to start.  This should be an easy move as we don't have as much stuff to pack and we don't have to decided what gets left behind because it's all coming.  And as we are driving we don't have to worry about any overweight luggage fees!

Joel did some work to Brutis yesterday to prepare for our trip and he informed me that he kind of fell in love with Brutis while working.  I guess he's an easy car to work on and there wasn't as much wrong under the hood as he thought!  Well, Joel may love him, but I never will...

Got all the travel arrangements ready for our trip.  I'm calling it The Great Australian Golf Trip, because Joel insists he must golf at every city we stop in.  (That means I better pick up some books because I'll be chilling on the beach by myself most days).  I booked most of our accommodation online through airbnb.com.  This is an awesome website!  It's people who rent out rooms in their homes and it is way less then hotel and usually hostels prices.   My parents booked a bunch of these stays on their trip here and became BFF's with their hosts in Canberra.

On August 22 we move out of our apartment.  We have until midnight to check out, which makes things easier.  Joel will have to fit all his tools back in their box, which will be a puzzle, and we have to make all our stuff fit best as we can in Brutis.  The one time I'm thankful we have a station wagon!  From there we are driving two and a half hours north to Noosa and the Sunshine Coast.  (We planned on going here earlier, but didn't have enough money.)  It's supposed to have amazing beaches and there are some dream courses Joel has to golf at.  We're spending four nights up here and got a wicked airbnb price.  From there we drive back south to Coff's Harbour, home of the World's Largest Banana!  Two nights here, one day of golf, then on to Sydney.  I booked another airbnb place in Sydney for two weeks.  We decided it would take some stress off things if we had a place to stay for a bit longer till we find jobs and get organized.  These hosts said if we like it and enjoy the area we can stay longer, which is nice.

I am so ready to come home right now.  If only Joel felt the same!  Still don't know an exact return date yet.  I say sooner, Joel says later.  Guess it will depend how our time in Sydney goes.  I don't have much left on my "Must See" list now.  Alot of it is nearby Sydney, which will be easy to check off.  I really want to see New Zealand while we're here and I found out I have enough aeroplan points for a roundtrip for one of us.  Score!  Joel still wants to see Darwin, Broome and Perth.  He hates sightseeing, so I don't know why he wants to bother seeing those places if he's only going to want to golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment