Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Today...


Today I am on day three of my four days off.  I was supposed to work Wednesday, but it was slow so they told me not to come in.  Although it is nice to not have to dread the morning alarm clock, it is not so nice missing out on the bigger paycheck!  I'm supposed to be working full time the next two weeks as on of the other girls is on holiday, so fingers crossed I really work all the days I'm scheduled and make some money! 

 I have been spending too much time on pinterest, resulting in wanting to buy more clothes with money I should be saving for the next part of our trip.  There were a few items I could not live without, so treated myself.  I tried on this mint green boyfriend tee from Sportsgirl (they ship for free to Canada and the US!) and wasn't sure about it, then decided a week later I NEEDED it.  This mint green color is really big here and I'm loving it.


 Then onto my favorite store, Forever New.  They have all kinds of cute pastel colored shorts.  I originally wanted mint, but went with these blue and white dip dyed instead.  I figure I should get some cute shorts in Australia as I can never find any I like back in Canada.
They're getting in some new stock on Friday and I am going in first thing to buy these!  One of the Dutch girls we befriended on our Whitsunday cruise had a similar pair that I was eying up all day, so I decided I need these.  Better yet, I'm going babysitting tonight so don't need to disturb my bank account to buy them!
 
Joel and I have been watching the Olympics in the evenings.  Not as awesome as the winter, but still pretty exciting to watch the Canadians compete!  It's different watching from an Aussie announcer's perspective.  Joel and I are not cheering for them (no one can replace you Canada!) and we are bad- last night the Aussie's were competing against the US for something and we cheered for the US!  Ha, the only time that will ever happen.  It's interesting talking to my clients about the Olympics too.  They are very upset that France is doing so well ("they never do well!") and "stealing" their medals.   (The Aussie's are very competitive and are sore losers, according to my boss.)  They also were upset about Britain's uniform at the opening ceremony (too flashy).  Has anyone ever wondered (or noticed) why the Australian's wear yellow and green instead of red, blue and white, the colors of their flag?  It is because they don't want to look like Britain!  The green and yellow is the color of Australia's national flower, the wattle, so that's why they wear those colors.

This afternoon I'm selling some things on gumtree, then off to the post office to pick up some more stamps for some postcards.  Speaking of mail, if you are planning to send me something, send it NOW!  We will be out of this address as of August 22 so anything sent past today or tomorrow I probably won't get.  I don't know my next address in Sydney yet, but will keep everyone posted when I have one.  (If you are worried, I'm sure the front desk will hold onto anything that gets here after we leave.)  Also a thank-you to my boss at Applauz, Jacki, for the cute card I got in the mail yesterday!  Made my afternoon.

I also found out that sometime in the new year Joel and I are going to be an Uncle and Aunt!  Congratulations to my sister-in-law Savannah and her boyfriend Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment