Sunday, November 18, 2012

48 Hour Birthday


My birthday is on November 15.  This year I got to celebrate it over two days thanks to me living in a different timezone then my friends and family!  Since Edmonton is eighteen hours behind Sydney I had texts coming in all day my Thursday (my birthday here in Oz) and my Friday (my birthday back home).

The day started with a phone call from my Mom singing "Happy Birthday."  At work everyone wished me a good day.  Around noon I got called up to see Steve, my boss.  I thought I was in trouble as he told me to wait in the corner for a minute!  Then the salon burst into "Happy Birthday" and cupcakes and candles were brought out.  I was so surprised!  It got better after lunch when I had a giant bouquet of flowers delivered to me from Joel.  All my favorites.




After work some of the staff took me out to Bar 333 for celebratory champagne.  (We had to have an extra seat for my flowers).  We had a few drinks and fries but weren't out too late as we all had to work in the morning.  I had to carry my flowers home on the train and I almost knocked a few people out with them!

Thanks to everyone for sending me birthday cards and gifts!  I had some great surprises come in the mail (including some Kraft Dinner!).  I lucked out and received FIVE new charms for my Pandora bracelet.  Getting pretty full!

No comments:

Post a Comment