Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween?


This was my first Halloween out of Canada and it was the least Halloween-y feeling one ever.  First, it was like twenty nine degrees here.  Not exactly the trick or treating weather I grew up with!  Half my clients didn't even know it was Halloween today.  There were no spooky stories or festive movies.  Not many stores had decorations out and the Halloween candy selection at Coles was minimal to none.  It didn't feel like Halloween at all.  Not a big holiday here.  It's getting bigger as more westerners move to Oz, but most Aussies don't get the point of Halloween.  I didn't do anything to celebrate, except for eating some of the candy at work!  I did go out with some friends on Saturday and did some drinking and story telling, which is not far off my traditional Halloween celebration!

Here's some spooky Halloween decor courtesy of my friendly neighborhood spiders!


Now it's November already!  Wow.  Ten months in Oz.  Hope my birthday month is as good this year as it was last year.  Already got my first treat in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment