Saturday, October 20, 2012

Just For Laughs at the Opera House


Monday was Joel's 28th birthday.  This year I surprised him with tickets to the opening night of the Just For Laughs Comedy Festival here at the Opera House.  He had seen an ad last month and mentioned this would be cool to see, so I was sneaky and got him tickets.   

It was pretty cool to actually go into the Opera House.  Just as neat on the inside as the out.  Our seats were at the very back (it was expensive to go and my budget only stretched so far due to our NZ trip), but the usher let us move up a few rows ten minutes before the show started.  Score!  Drew Carey was our host and he was pretty funny.  There were five other comics- two Aussies, two Americans and a Brit.  One of the Aussies, Charlie Pickering, is the host on our favorite "news" show here, The Project.   Also up was one of the stars from "Breaking Bad" (forget his name).  Anyway, awesome show, lots of laughs!





Drew Carey
After the show we walked to The Rocks and had some pasta, a bottle of wine, and dessert in honor of the birthday boy!

I skyped with my cousin Larissa back home and got some exciting news- she wants me to be a bridesmaid for her upcoming wedding!  So excited and honored to be asked!  They're getting married September 7, 2013.  Showers, stagettes etc will start in the summer, which means I'll have to be home in July sometime.  So Joel and I will need to plan our return around this.  Makes the decision making a little easier- we either come home in Feb when we're supposed to, or get longer visas and stay till July. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the Just for Laughs shows! What a fun birthday. The Opera House looks amazing! And so big? How does it compare inside (size-wise) with the Jubilee or Winspear?

    ReplyDelete