Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Our Visitors


Our visitors have arrived!  They finally got in Monday evening.  Dean has a cousin, Katrina, who lives in Bondi Junction with her Aussie husband, Jose, so we headed out to Bondi to catch up.  Dean and Alana will be staying with them until Thursday, when Florian leaves for Europe.

We went out to dinner at The Icebergs.  I thought that would be cool for Dean and Alana to eat outside overlooking Bondi and the Iceberg Pool.  It was a bit windy that night and the ocean was splashing right into the swimming pools.  We had a good catch up and Joel was pretty happy to be reunited with his bro!  So far Dean and Alana are loving Oz.  They spent some time in Surfers, Byron Bay (where they did a surf lesson), and Coff's Harbour.




Joel has the next two weeks off, but I could only get a few odd days, so he gets to play tour guide.  Funny because he will never sight-see with me, but he'll do it for Dean!  Katrina also had the day off, so they went to do the Bondi Cliff Walk, then to Circular Quay to check out the bridge and Opera House. Katrina went home to make dinner, but the rest of the crew headed downtown to wait for me to finish work.  They headed next door to the German Bierhaus and the boys indulged in quite a few beer.  We took the train back to Bondi and Katrina had an awesome spaghetti dinner with garlic bread (that I ate way too many pieces of!) for dinner.  We stayed and chatted till the boys started falling asleep.  I really like Katrina and Jose.  I'm glad we've met another we can now hang out with in Sydney!

Today the boys are golfing and Alana and Katrina are shopping.  It's my sleep in day, so I have some extra time to catch up on thing before heading to work for the day.

I've been really booked at work.  One of the other stylists injured her shoulders and won't be coming back to work, so I've been getting a lot of her clients.  Our receptionist really likes me so I've noticed she's been booking more clients with me then the other girls!  Pays to be nice to people. 

I also found out some news about our flight home.  The latest return date we can change it to is February 6, a year from when we departed.  Any later and it will cancel and we will lose our money.  So this means we'll have to be home for sure by the beginning of February.  I haven't told Joel yet, not sure what he'll think...  I feel good to have an end date in sight.  I think it will be good to go back home and see how life is there, take some down time to spend with everyone.  It will be weird to go back in the middle of winter though!  So we'll see what Joel thinks when I tell him.

No comments:

Post a Comment