Monday, October 8, 2012

Sydney's Greatest Canadian Tour Guide


After three days of working while Joel got to play, I finally had some time off to spend with our guests!  I took Friday off, so Thursday night I skipped out of work looking forward to my long weekend (again).  We went for late dinner at one of our favorite places here, Time for Thai.  Probably not our favorite anymore- at three am Joel woke up really sick to his stomach with food poisoning!  

Friday morning started with a skype back home into my godson Nathan's first birthday party.  I can't believe he is one already!  I sent him a Hallmark recordable story book (both girls have one and they love them) and cute kangaroo slippers.  I was so happy I was able to join in on the party and watch him blow out his first candle.  Miss my little guy so much and it makes me sad I've missed out on his baby days.

After we took the train into the CBD and went up Sydney Tower.  It was finished in 1991 and is 1014 feet tall, the second tallest building in Oz.  Also the most expensive tickets.  It started with a 4D movie of Sydney (4D as you felt wind and water and the ground shook) which was pretty cool.  Dean and Alana enjoyed the views, but I was disappointed in the tower compared to the Eureka in Melbourne and the Q1.




Best view in town and you can barely see the bridge or the Opera House!
Our official green screen photo from Sydney Tower.  I like that my shirt picked up the background...
The real shot.  Dean always has to throw up bunny ears
It was a really hot day, the perfect day to take a ferry out to Manly.  This was a great trip with amazing views of the harbor.  I will for sure do this again. 






We didn't spend long in Manly, just grabbed a quick lunch and checked out the main beach.  As it was school holidays the beach was packed and full of garbage!  It looked terrible compared to our last visit.

Once home, Dean cooked us dinner.  Joel was going to make steaks, but he was still feeling really sick and weak so we tucked him up in bed with some gatorade.  Luckily getting some sleep helped him out a bit and we were able to go back to Circular Quay to see the sights at night.  I will honestly never tire of this view.




We went out for drinks at the Opera Bar, on the concourse below the Opera House.  Such a nice place, busy but very chilled and with the best view.  Alana and I shared a flask of our new favorite wine, an Innocent Bystander pink moscato.


We made a late night stop at Macca's before catching the train home.  The last train from Circular Quay runs at one am.  So early!!!  Luckily we just made it, otherwise we'd be taking an expensive cab home.  When we got home we found Florian passed out on the couch, wine glass in hand, dinner burning in the oven.  It was a pretty funny sight.  Good thing he`s got some Canadian friends to take care of him!

Will post more tomorrow as I'm falling asleep!  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone back home!

1 comment:

  1. Great to see the great Sydney.Really spectacular.The post all about the Sydney tour.Thanks for this type of great post.Best regards Australian Wild Escapes.

    ReplyDelete