Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mail Call

Last night Joel and I were looking through pictures of my 2011 Project 365 blog and remembering fun times. It made us both feel sad and really miss our friends back home. Even though things are getting more home-like here, friends are something you really can't replace or forget about. We went down to the pool and hot tub, our new nightly routine, and checked the mail on the way up (as I had forgotten to do so after work). I wasn't expecting to find any mail in the box, so when I noticed that I had not one, but TWO packages in the mail I was ecstatic! (Plus a hilarious Jesus flyer from our local Jehovah's, so I guess it was a really good mail day!). Package one was a card and a special good luck angel and coin from Coralie. Package two was a handmade friendship tag and little note from the talented Lisa. I was so happy to get these thoughtful and wonderful gifts from my friends! I added them to my growing collection of keepsakes on my bedside table, which so far consists of cards from Jill and Baby Sister, a postcard from Sandee (which is actually the first postcard on my fridge), and a $20 Canadian bill from Omi (I love that she still sends cash in the mail). Thank you so much for thinking of me everyone! I really appreciate the mail!


This morning I went into work for a class on our new product line, Zenz. I LOVE it! The whole line is sulphate and para-bin free. There is a range of 100% organic shampoos and conditioners designed for different hair and scalp issues featuring different essential oils, as well as a Luxury Line of styling products. My boss Joanne gave me a few samples to take home and try for myself. I also picked up a keratin serum. I have a lot of breakage and Jo says the keratin will help strengthen the ends and stop the breakage. I've never used a keratin based product before so I'm excited to try it out. Maybe my hair will finally start getting longer!?
I got my first paycheck today! It feels so good to have money in my account and not have to pay for everything on credit card. Tax here is lots lower then home, so I had a pretty decent check. In Australia paychecks are paid out weekly which is also a huge bonus.
It's been pretty cloudy and rainy here this week due to a monsoon that is happening north of
us on Fraser Island. It's still warm with temperatures around 27 degrees, so it's super humid. Here's a picture looking out of our balcony. Visibility is lower due to all the cloud cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment