Saturday, May 5, 2012

What I've Been Up To...


..not much. The sun finally decided to come out this week, so I've been trying to get outside and enjoy it.  It is now officially "fall" here.  The weather is still pretty warm, usually about 24 degrees, but there is a coolness to the air that I've especially been noticing at night.  Now it is dark at about five o'clock.  Joel and I have been going for good walks after work along the promenade each evening.  We keep marvelling at how cool the ocean looks at night when the waves are lit up by the moon.

I took an online class on editing photos in photoshop, which was quite useful.  I've been learning more about the various settings on my camera and am amazed at all the stuff it can do! I'm still learning, but here are a few practice shots at the beach.

 


It's been a slow week at work.  Since I'm casual time, I'm always the first to get sent home.  This is really frustrating.  I've been using my extra time to catch up on a few blogs.  Also too much time on facebook.

This weekend is another long one.  Monday is labor day here in Queensland.  Joel's been golfing each morning (while I sleep in) and then we head to the beach.  The water is much cooler now.
Yesterday I was feeling pretty blue, so Joel took me out for dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Guzman y Gomez.  When we got there it was decorated in red, white and green with tons of balloons.  I've been so off track with my days that I didn't realize it was Cinco de Mayo.  So we got some free entertainment along with our meal.  After we went to see The Avengers.  Joel wanted to see it so bad but had no one to go with.  I told him if he did something nice for me, I could be persuaded to go.  So I had my own bag of popcorn and he agreed to a photoshoot on the beach (practicing what I've learned with my camera) today.  I didn't care for the movie that much, but he loved it.

Yesterday was also National Scrapbooking Day.  I don't think it's celebrated here. I did do some scrapping in honor of the day, which felt really good. I'm so glad I was able to take this hobby with me to Australia.  It really relaxes me and takes my mind off things (my mind won't stop thinking about where life is going right now some days). I'm really behind on posting any new pages from my Smash book, I'll get to it, I promise.  For now, here are my latest pages for the TM staff challenge kit.





No comments:

Post a Comment