Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bring Out Your Parkas...

...because "winter" is nearly here!  It officially begins on Friday.  Yesterday morning on the drive to the golf course they announced that it was "freezing" and one of the coldest mornings of the year.  It was ten degrees.  One of the girls at work actually wore a parka.  I will agree, it is cooler in the early mornings and evenings, but still feels like an Edmonton fall.  Joel wore a light jacket last night and said he felt wrong wearing it. 

I haven't really been up to much this week.  I didn't even take any pictures!  Joel and I have been going for a lot of evening walks along the boardwalk. There are outdoor exercise machines spread out along the path, so we've been stopping at those both ways.  Pretty novel to be working out outside.  On my days off I take my laptop up to the roof and do my workouts too.  Feels much better to workout in the fresh air then in front of the air conditioner.

This weekend was the Broadbeach Blues Festival.  This is a big weekend event of free live music (lots of well known Aussie performers headline) and people come from all over Australia for it.  Michelle and I took a walk through yesterday evening.  It was really busy.  I wasn't that interested as I get bored watching live music, but it was cool to walk around and check it out.  We did a little snooping through the shops and I bought myself a pretty red scarf on sale.

We got some awesome news yesterday.  Joel's BFF Dean and his girlfriend Alana are coming to visit us for three weeks in September!  That made my day.  I wonder what kind of trouble Joel and Dean will get into down under?

Joel's still golfing up a storm.  He won another contest last weekend so he's pretty proud.

I hope I have something a little more exciting to write about next week!  Feels pretty same old same old right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment