Thursday, May 31, 2012

Movie Night

Today was rainy and cool all day.  I had big plans to head to the mall and apply for part time jobs, but ended up on the phone and skype most of the day, then just didn't feel motivated to go out.  I also got my first ever speeding ticket in the mail today.  I can't believe that happened!  I thought Joel was the culprit, but I can see blonde hair and sunglasses in the photo.  Guess there's a first for everything right?  With that came our hot water bill, which was way less then expected ($15 for four months!) and  cute card and some little keepsakes from Baby Sister.  Love that she addressed the envelope to Victoria "Spicy" Hunt (I call her Little Chicken, Big City, she calls me Spicy Chicken.  Long story).

  I did do alot of thinking of what our plans should be for the rest of our time in Australia.  Joel found out yesterday that Audi will sponsor us to stay here longer, but it's going to cost us a pretty penny that we are nowhere near saving (nor am I interested in spending that much to stay here).  Tonight we need to have a good talk and decide what are next plan of action will be.  On our current visa we can only work at one job for a max of six months.  This means in August Joel will now have to find a new place of work.  We need to decide if we should stay on the Gold Coast, move to another city, or just come home.  I'd love to just travel, but we are not making enough to do that either.

On the bright side, I cleaned the apartment top to bottom.  I tend to do that when I'm upset about things here.  Joel is working late and hanging out with a co-worker, so I decided to cuddle up in bed, have some popcorn (which is becoming my Thursday night tradition) and watch a movie.  Tonight is "Wife Vs Secretary" an old black and white Jean Harlow movie.  I just finished another one of her biographies from the library last night, so thought it fitting to watch one of her movies. I love old movies, and Harlow is my favorite.  Can you guess why?



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful lady! They just don't make 'em like they used to...Hollywood starlets that is!

    I'll have to check out that movie, maybe see if the library has it!

    ReplyDelete