Monday, January 23, 2012

Two More Weeks: Last Winter Weather

In honor of Joel and I leaving, nature decided to give us a going away present- snow and minus forty degree weather! It lasted almost a whole week. The weather has been so mild this year that the drop in temperature was a big shock to everyone. My poor car didn't start Monday morning and I ended up having to get a new battery.

On Saturday I headed out to Wainwright to visit my long time friend Cherlynn and her kids, who are my adopted nieces and nephews. It was Taela's fifth birthday party on Saturday and all three kids were baptized on Sunday. I'm Nathans Godmother, along with Cher's brother Mac.

After Cher and Nick took all the Godparents and Grandparents out to lunch. I was really surprised- she made a nice goodbye toast to me and had a going away card for me signed by the whole family.
Skyla is two and a half and she always has to try on my shoes! She is so cute, but I can never catch her smile on camera. She is the comedian of the bunch and loves to sit on my lap.

Nathans is so sweet and cuddly. He's almost four months and is smiling and laughing alot. He loves to be held, especially if you walk around and rock him.

Taela is my number one fan. She always wants to be just like me and says I'm her "very best Auntie Vic ever!" When I stay over she always comes downstairs and wakes me up super early because she can't wait to play with me.
The girls were both so sad when I went home today. They cried and cried and tried to block the door so I couldn't leave. Taela was especially sad. I told her we'd talk lots on skype but she said that's not the same. Her reason? If she tries to give me an Eskimo kiss (our special thing) on skype she will break the computer screen with her nose!

No comments:

Post a Comment