Sunday, January 15, 2012

Four More Weeks: The Goodbyes Begin

We're officially one month away- time for the goodbyes to begin! I joke that I'm on my Goodbye Tour because I'll be away visiting someone each weekend. The first goodbye I said was to Dewey, my baby sister. She's been in school/living in New York for the past five years, so usually it's me said to say goodbye to her. I don't know when I'll see her next, so for once it was her sad to say goodbye to me!

Over the weekend I flew out to Kelowna to see my grandparents. While waiting for my flight out of YEG I checked out all the upgrades that were recently unveiled and I was very impressed! Finally catching up with the world! There are tons of new stores and I found the Barbie version of me. Tempted, but no, I did not buy her.


My trip started with a free shuttle ride, thanks to some new friends I made on the drive. The driver said maybe he should color his hair blonde and he'd have such luck too! My Omi was so happy to see me! As my Opi has a bad hip and doesn't get out of the house much, she was so happy to have a girls weekend out with me. We did some shopping at Orchard Park Mall (where she treated me to a new dress from Guess, one of my favorite stores and I introduced her to the wonders of Sephora), went for lunch and wine, and she shared more stories from her childhood with me. I love when she shares her memories with me- she really had an interesting life and I feel like I understand her better after hearing more about her.

Right now I am busy, busy, busy! I have a giant to do list which is never ending and I'm constantly adding to.

No comments:

Post a Comment